1. This e-bill service is only applicable to routine water bill and final water bill (i.e. water deposit bill and reminder are not included). After applicant has activated the e-bill service, starting from the next water bill, paper bill will no longer be sent until applicant opts to withdraw from this service.
2. Under the e-bill service, the water bill of an applicant who has activated the e-bill service is available for download from the WSD website/server ("WSD Website") through a hyperlink embedded in a notification sent to the email address designated by the applicant. The applicant has to accept the designation of the WSD Website as the information system to which the applicant's water bills are to be served for the purpose of section 5A(2) of the Electronic Transactions Ordinance (Cap. 553). Should there be any change in the e-bill service, the department will inform the applicant through the designated email address.
3. All the information provided by applicant will be used for validation and record purposes.
4. For those water accounts registered under personal capacity, after completing the e-bill application, the applicant will receive a confirmation email at the designated email address. Applicant has to click the specific link provided in the email within 14 days from the date of application so as to activate the e-bill service. Otherwise, the e-bill application will be cancelled.
5. For those water accounts NOT registered under personal capacity (i.e. registered with Business Registration Number), after completing the e-bill application, the applicant will receive a confirmation email and a letter containing the activation code at the designated email address and the registered mailing address by post respectively. Applicant has to click the specific link provided in the email and input the activation code within 30 days from the issue date of the letter in order to activate the e-bill service. Otherwise, the e-bill application will be cancelled.
6. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely, secure, error-free or virus free. The department does not warrant that the email sent under the e-bill service is free of errors, omissions or computer virus. The department shall not be liable for any loss arising out of or in relation to any information transmission over the internet.